For user safety and to avoid property damage, read through this manual and follow these safety instructions to use the product correctly.
DANGER Failure to observe the following directions could result in death or property damage:
- Do not disassemble, repair, or modify the product yourself.
Doing so may cause fire, electric shock, or malfunction. For internal inspection and repair, contact the service center.
- If any foreign matter gets inside the product, detach the power cord immediately.
Contact the service center for repair.
- Do not adjust the product while driving.
Doing so may cause an accident. Stop or park your car in a safe place before installing and setting up the product.
- Do not install the product in a location where the product can interfere with the driver’s field of vision.
Doing so may cause an accident.
- Do not use a damaged or modified power cord. Only use the cords provided by the manufacturer.
Damaged or modified power cords may cause an explosion, fire, or malfunction.
- Do not operate the product with wet hands.
Doing so may cause electric shock.
- Do not install the product in an environment with high humidity, or combustible gases or liquids.
Doing so may cause an explosion and/or fire.
WARNING Failure to observe the following directions could result in death or serious injury:
- Do not leave the product near infants, children, or pets.
There is a risk of them swallowing small components, and/or their saliva may get into the product, causing an explosion due to a short circuit.
- Do not spray water or wax directly onto the product while cleaning the inside of the car.
Doing so may cause fire, electric shock, or malfunction.
- If smoke or an unusual smell is emitted from the power cord, detach the power cord immediately.
Contact the service center or your distributor.
- Keep the terminals of the power cord clean.
Failure to do so may cause excessive heat and fire.
- Use the correct input voltage.
Failure to do so may cause explosion, fire, or malfunction.
- Plug in the power cord firmly so that it cannot easily be disconnected.
Failure to do so may cause fire.
- Do not cover the product with any material.
Doing so may cause external deformation of the product or fire. Use the product and peripherals in a well-ventilated location.
CAUTION Failure to observe the following directions could result in injury or property damage:
- Do not spray cleaning products directly onto the product.
Doing so may cause discoloration, cracks, or malfunction.
- If the product is used outside the optimal temperature range (-20°C – 80°C / -4°F – 176°F), performance can decline or malfunctions may occur.
- Make sure that the product is installed properly.
If installed incorrectly, vibrations may cause the product to fall, and may cause physical injury.
- When entering or exiting a tunnel, when directly facing into bright sunlight, or when recording at night without lighting the quality of recorded video may deteriorate.
- If the product is damaged or the power supply is cut due to an accident, video may not be recorded.
- Excessively tinted windshield glass can distort the recorded video or cause recorded video to be indistinct.
- Prolonged use of the product can increase the interior temperature and cause burns.
- microSD cards are consumables, so replace microSD cards after prolonged use.
microSD cards may not record video correctly after extended use, so check the microSD card’s recording capability periodically and replace as necessary.
- Clean the lens regularly.
Foreign material attached to the lens can affect the recording quality.
- Do not remove the microSD card while the microSD card is saving or reading data.
The data can be damaged or malfunctions may occur.
- It is recommended that you install the software and firmware from the BlackVue downloads page (www.blackvue.com).
- It is recommended that you remove the power cord if the product (BlackVue dashcam/Parking Mode Hardwiring Kit) is not used for an extended period of time.