- Opening video files
- Wi-Fi screen composition
- Managing videos
Opening video files #
1. Search for the BlackVue app in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install it on your smartphone.
2. “Pair” your smartphone with the BlackVue dashcam via Wi-Fi Direct:
a. Press the Wi-Fi button once to turn on Wi-Fi.
b. Go to your smartphone’s Settings then select Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
c. Choose your BlackVue dashcam from the network list. The dashcam’s default SSID begins with its model number (e.g. BlackVue900X-******).
d. Enter the password and tap join.
* The default Wi-Fi SSID and password is labeled on the dashcam. To find them, unplug the cables and remove the front camera from its mount.
e. Open the BlackVue app and select Wi-Fi.
f. Select the video file you want to play from the video list.
• The playback of 4K UHD resolution, ‘Highest’ image quality and/or H.265 coded videos depends on your device’s hardware and software. Older devices may not support 4K UHD, ‘Highest’ image quality or H.265 video playback. If you encounter issues please check your device’s video playback capabilities.
• Wi-Fi Direct lets you directly connect your smartphone to your dashcam via Wi-Fi within a range of 10m.
• The BlackVue app is available for devices running Android 5.0 and higher, or iOS 9.0 and higher.
• You can change Wi-Fi SSID and password as described on CHANGING / RESETTING WI-FI DIRECT SSID AND PASSWORD
Wi-Fi screen composition #
A) Live view
B) Firmware settings
C) SIM card activation
D) File type Filter
E) Date Filter
F) Video file menu
G) File Type
H) Video Source
I) Multi selection
J) Video list
• All images shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual app may differ from images shown.
Playing video #
Playing back videos #
Select the video file you want to play from the video list.
Scroll up/down the screen to refresh the video list.
• The playback of 4K UHD resolution, ‘Highest (Extreme)’ image quality and/or H.265 coded videos depends on your device’s hardware and software. Older devices may not support 4K UHD, ‘Highest (Extreme)’ image quality or H.265 video playback. If you encounter issues please check your device’s video playback capabilities.
Identify video files by recording type #
|Normal||The dashcam records in normal mode by default.|
|Event||When the dashcam detects an impact while in normal or parking mode, it switches to event mode and saves an event recording beginning 5 seconds before the event trigger. Exceeding the set speed limit will also trigger an event recording.|
|Parking||In parking mode the dashcam continuously buffers video. When motion is detected in the dashcam’s field of view, it saves a parking recording beginning 5 seconds before the motion detection.|
• The dashcam requires a constant power source to record in parking mode. See “Optional accessories“ for more information.
Checking the displayed time & GPS data #
The time the video was recorded is displayed in the lower left corner of the video in the playback screen. If the displayed time in the recorded videos is incorrect please see “Time settings” for more information.
A) Download to Internal Memory
B) Date, Time & Speed
C) Model name
D) Landscapes View
The vehicle’s speed is displayed in the lower-left corner of the video.
1. Tap the screen to playback the video.
2. Rotate your smartphone to switch between portrait and landscape display modes.
3. You can switch the dashcam view by pressing the Front/Rear button.
Real-time streaming video (Live View) #
You can view in real-time the video currently being recorded by connecting your smartphone to the dashcam via Wi-Fi Direct.
1. Go to your smartphone’s Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your dashcam.
2. Open the BlackVue app. Select Wi-Fi and tap the button.
3. Rotate your smartphone to switch between portrait and landscape display modes.
4. You can switch the dashcam view by pressing the Front/Rear button.
• When watching Live View via Wi-Fi Direct, map data isn’t displayed because your smartphone can’t access internet as long as it is connected to dashcam’s Wi-Fi.
Managing videos #
Managing videos in Wi-Fi #
You can manage the recorded videos using the BlackVue app.
• When the microSD card fills up, the newest video files will start to replace the oldest video files (called loop recording) – so you will always have the most recent video files.
Copy to Internal Memory #
To copy individual files to your smartphone, tap next to the video you want to copy. Select Download.
To copy multiple files to your smartphone in one go tap . Select which files to copy, or tap to select all files. Select Download.
Managing videos in INTERNAL MEMORY #
Open the BlackVue app and select INTERNAL MEMORY.
Tap to see file options. You can delete, copy or move files, change the name of files.
Deleting videos #
To delete individual files, tap next to the video you want to delete. Select Delete.
To delete multiple files from your smartphone in one go, tapand select Delete. Select which files to delete, or tap to select all files. Tapto delete the selected files.
Creating a new folder #
To create a new folder, tap . Enter a new folder name and press Add.
Deleting a folder #
To delete a folder, tap and select Delete.
Copying and pasting videos #
To copy individual files, tap next to the video you want to copy. Select Copy. Go to another folder and tap to paste the file there.
To copy multiple files in one go, tapand select Copy. Select which files to copy, or tap to select all files. Tap to copy the selected files. Go to another folder and tap to paste the selected files there.
Moving videos #
To move individual files, tapnext to the video you want to move. Select Move. Go to another folder and tap to move the file there.
To move multiple files in one go, tapat the top of the screen. Select which files to move, or tap to select all files. Tap and go to another folder and tap to move the selected files there.
Renaming a video #
To change a name of a video, tap next to the video you want to change. Select Rename. Enter a new name and tap Rename.